Rainforest Herbs Organic Coconut Oil is a refined coconut oil made from organic certified coconuts and filtered with activated charcoal from coconut husks, removing the coconut odour for greater versatility in cooking! Due to our unique mechanical (chemical free physical method) processing technology we maintain all the goodness without the taste. Our Organic Coconut Oil is non-hydrogenated and contains no trans fats! This is a high quality coconut oil with a very light colour and it enhances the taste and satisfaction of whatever dishes you prepare!
- Cooking: suitable for replacing all processed Omega 6 polyunsaturated oils in all cooking styles, while adding all its healthy benefits.
- Baking: it provides a “butter-like” richness and satisfaction with no coconut taste.
- As a spread: keeping in a jar in the fridge to use as a healthy butter-like spread on bread.
- For Frying: the most heat resistant of all oils, it’s perfect for deep frying!
- Applying to skin and hair: when no coconut smell is preferred.
While Virgin Coconut Oil is perfect for cooking desserts and Asian curries, it’s not suitable for many dishes that the rich coconut taste would clash, as with many Western or Chinese recipes.
Why use Organic Odourless Coconut Oil for cooking?
To get the full benefit from introducing Coconut Oil into our diets we need to cook with it. This way we can gradually replace or eliminate entirely, supermarket polyunsaturated vegetable oils. Regular vegetable oils like corn oil, sunflower oil, soya oil and canola oil are composed of predominantly Omega 6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and are quickly oxidized when heated, transforming them into potentially inflammatory or toxic compounds. Current research also suggests that our modern diets contain excess Omega 6 fats contributing to the obesity epidemic and an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, inflammatory, and autoimmune diseases. Coconut Oil is the richest source of Medium Chain Fatty Acids and when combined with the regular consumption of Omega 3 fish oils and the non-cooking use of Omega 9 monounsaturated oil, such as Virgin Olive Oil then we can see the results in the improved health of our family, both young and old.